Strategies for Online Success (SOS) is an orientation to learning online geared towards preparing students for the transition from taking courses in-person to taking them online. It consists of three modules:
- Online Learning Basics
- Skills for Online Learning
- Online Learning Technology
The modules include interactive components, such as videos, self-checks, and resources for students to download. Some of the key learning outcomes include:
- Recognize the importance of goal setting and the elements of SMART goals.
- Identify when to ask for help and who to contact.
- Identify strategies for employing netiquette and respectful communication in an online course.
- Identify strategies for managing time, managing distractions, and combating procrastination.
- Identify ways in which you can organize your online and physical learning environments.
- Recognize basic Internet search techniques and operators.
- Recognize strategies for setting up and managing digital files.